Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Update on Return

Fire spinners outside of City Hall at my dad's public celebration of life, on Sunday.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for being so good for Julie and Ed the last few days. I am excited to be getting back to Westview after the death of my dad, especially to see all of you! Just a quick heads up, here's what is happening:

1) I will be at Wednesday's Back to School night. It starts at 7:00 PM - please encourage your parents to attend and to get there early, because parking is sometimes a challenge. We will talk about general overview of class stuff, as well as how crazy it is that the first progress report is due next week.

2) I will be back teaching (and coaching) full time on Thursday, which is a B day, as I understand it. We will definitely take it easy to start - I want to make sure I explain to everyone why I was gone, what happened, and just make some observations about life lessons that I think are pretty important. As I understand it, all Global Studies classes should be done with the Europe quiz. We will work in class on the Africa map when I get back, as well as start our look at culture.

3) I can't even begin to tell you how much my family and I have appreciated your support, whether it was through emails or messages, thoughts and prayers, or simply just being good and understanding for the substitutes. Thank you, everyone. It's going to be great to see you all later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please enter your comment. I will review the comments before posting them to the blog, so do not worry if yours does not pop up right away. Remember, do your best with spelling and grammar! :-)