Monday, March 16, 2015

Historical Investigation, Day 2 - Class Recap

Another picture from my Spring Break trip to Washington, D.C. in 2010: this is the National Archives building, where the original copies of the Declaration of Independence and Constitution are held. Those are extremely important documents for historians researching the American Revolution!

Hi everyone,

One more class to go until Spring Break! Lots of work to do until then (and probably some during the break, too). Here's what we did today in class:

Learning Targets: 
Knowledge LT 20: I can explain the impacts of nationalism and revolutionary movements.
Communication LT 3: I can effectively use the conventions of writing.
Research LT 1: I can develop and refine a research question or topic.
Research LT 3: I can responsibly and accurately cite sources.
Critical Thinking LT 2: I can explain connections between events, issues, problems and concepts.

Soundtrack: "World Peace" by Rihanna. Selected for today because Sari finally posted to remind me on the blog. Also, because I am wishing you a peaceful time tomorrow with your Explore test! Lyrics here.

AGENDA 3/16/15:
Wildcat News Brief - Selerino
Research Questions
Finish Part A
Computer Lab S219

Homework: Read the blog! Turn in your Part A research question paragraph ASAP if you did not today. Start working on research for Part B! Next news brief: Enrique
---
Wildcat News Brief: Selerino had the news brief today and selected this story to talk about: TheGuardian.com - Ukraine president calls on allies to boycott 2018 World Cup in Russia. This relates to the ongoing violence in Eastern Ukraine. We also talked about Vladimir Putin, the leader of Russia, disappearing for 11 days, only to be in public earlier today.

We also watched VICE News for the day and talked about our weekends (not for long, because today was a super long news section time) before moving on.

Research Questions: For this section, I explained how to do research using the Westview Library Website - particularly the Gale Power Search tool. If you can access the internet at home to research for your project, here is the guide for the login and password information that I showed in class.

Finish Part A/Computer Lab S219: After explaining all of this, we headed over to S219 to finish Part A. I wanted to make sure that I approved each research question before you moved on to writing out the whole paragraph for Part A. Hopefully, everyone was able to complete this in class. If not, email it to me ASAP, please. Also, this could have been a time you were looking at what to do for Part B.

I hope the tests tomorrow go well! See you on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please enter your comment. I will review the comments before posting them to the blog, so do not worry if yours does not pop up right away. Remember, do your best with spelling and grammar! :-)