Friday, April 6, 2018

Country Profile Project, Day 5 - Class Recap


Some students are researching the France for their Country Profile Project. Here is the French flag waving in Paris, in 2013.

Dear class,

Thank you for your continued hard work on the Country Profile Project. Only about a week and a half left until it is all due! Here's what we did today in class:

Learning Targets: 
Communication LT 1: I can communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Research LT 1: I can effectively conduct and apply research.
Critical Thinking LT 2: I can explain connections between events, issues, problems and concepts.
Knowledge LT 10: I can explain demographic changes in the world and their effects.Behavior LT1: I can manage my responsibilities as a student.
Behavior LT1: I can manage my responsibilities as a student.

Soundtrack: "Won't Get Fooled Again" by The Who. Selected for today because was recently April Fools Day! I did not try to fool anyone in class. Lyrics here.

AGENDA 4/6/18:
News Brief - Kaylee
Calendar Review
Research Outline
Work Time

Homework: Read the blog! Country Profile Project rough draft due on 4/17 (A Day) or 4/18 (B Day). Keep working on it over the weekend! Next news brief: Kenzie.
---
News Brief: Kaylee had the news brief today and selected this article about this story to talk about: BBC.com - Australia 'shocked' by 2,400 sheep deaths on export ship. We found Australia in the world map (earlier, we did Brazil), and talked about the story for a little bit.

We also checked in about the weekend and what people were up to.

We also watched the one minute BBC World News update. Here's the link to see the latest one minute update, at any time of day (it will probably be different from what we watched in class):

The next news brief was assigned to Kenzie.

Calendar Review: There is a lot coming up with work on the Country Profile Project and a few changes to be aware of, so we went through the latest updates on the calendar, which is here:


Research Outline: Next, I showed students an overview for the research essay (50% of the grade for the college project), and a helpful way to break down what you need to research. Copies for each student are in Google Classroom.


I hope this helps in terms of understanding what you need to do! We also looked at the Culturegrams website as being a helpful source of information, just like the CIA World Factbook.

Remember, there are plenty of research tools and examples on Google Classroom for you to take a look at!

Work Time: The rest of class was devoted to working in class on the assignment, and I was happy to try and answer questions, as well as help as much as I could. I was really pleased by how hard everyone seemed to be working - I hope it is all coming together for you!

Have a great weekend! Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help you be successful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please enter your comment. I will review the comments before posting them to the blog, so do not worry if yours does not pop up right away. Remember, do your best with spelling and grammar! :-)