Friday, April 3, 2015

Historical Investigation, Day 6 - Class Recap


Some students are researching the French Revolution for their Historical Investigation. Here is the French flag waving in Paris, in 2013.

Dear class,

I was feeling a lot better this morning, which certainly helped my spirits at school, along with your continued hard work on the Historical Investigation. Only about a week left until it is all due! Here's what we did today in class:

Learning Targets: 
Knowledge LT 20: I can explain the impacts of nationalism and revolutionary movements.
Communication LT 3: I can effectively use the conventions of writing.
Research LT 1: I can develop and refine a research question or topic.
Research LT 3: I can responsibly and accurately cite sources.
Critical Thinking LT 2: I can explain connections between events, issues, problems and concepts.

Soundtrack: "Good Friday" by The Black Crowes. Selected because it was Friday, it was good, and it actually is Good Friday. Lyrics here.

AGENDA 4/3/15:
News Brief - Paysen
HI Questions?
Computer Lab S219

Homework: Read the blog! Historical Investigation rough draft due next Thursday. Next news brief: Shaggy.
---
News Brief: Paysen had the news brief today and selected this article about this story to talk about: NYTimes.com -  Somali Militants Kill 147 at Kenyan University. I tried to explain a bit about the Al Shabab terrorist group (which mostly operates in Somalia) and the conflict in Kenya, especially between Muslims and Christians. A really tragic story, for sure.

We also watched VICE News for the day, before moving on.

The next news brief was assigned to Shaggy.

HI Questions? I passed out copies of what Part C looks like (an OPVL analysis of the sources you used in your Part B research), because the copier seemed to not include it in the original assignment. Again, it is page 4 on this document:


I explained that if you are not up to Part C, you are behind schedule, but there is still time to make it up! Part B (all the research and finding good sources) is the most difficult part, for sure. Let me know if you are in need of help!

Computer Lab S219: The rest of class was devoted to working in the Computer Lab on the assignment, and I was happy to try and answer questions, as well as help as much as I could.

Have a great weekend! Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help you be successful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please enter your comment. I will review the comments before posting them to the blog, so do not worry if yours does not pop up right away. Remember, do your best with spelling and grammar! :-)