Friday, April 1, 2016

Historical Investigation, Day 6 - Class Recap


Some students are researching the French Revolution for their Historical Investigation. Here is the French flag waving in Paris, in 2013.

Dear class,

Thank you for your continued hard work on the Historical Investigation. Only about a week left until it is all due! Here's what we did today in class:

Learning Targets: 
Knowledge LT 19: I can explain the impacts of nationalism and revolutionary movements.
Communication LT 1: I can communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Research LT 1: I can effectively conduct and apply research.
Critical Thinking LT 2: I can explain connections between events, issues, problems and concepts.
Behavior LT1: I can manage my responsibilities as a student.

Soundtrack: "Won't Get Fooled Again" by The Who. Selected for today because it is April Fools Day! I did not try to fool anyone in class. Lyrics here.

AGENDA 4/1/16:
News Brief - Jagrit
Parts C and E
HI Questions?
Computer Lab N210

Homework: Read the blog! Historical Investigation rough draft due next Thursday. Next news brief: Natalie.
---
News Brief: Jagrit had the news brief today and selected this article about this story to talk about: AlJazeera.com - PKK claims responsibility for Turkey police car bombing. We found Turkey on the world map, and talked about how this bombing happened in southeastern Turkey, which is close to Iraq and Syria. It does look like a Kurdish organization claimed that they did this.

We also checked in about the weekend and April Fools Day.

We also watched the one minute BBC World News update. Here's the link to see the latest one minute update, at any time of day (it will probably be different from what we watched in class):

The next news brief was assigned to Natalie.

Parts C and E/HI Questions? I passed out a guide to help with Part E (an OPVL analysis of the sources you used in your Part B research)  It is page 5 on this document:


I explained that if you are not up to Part C (the conclusion, which is on page 4), you are behind schedule, but there is still time to make it up! Part B (all the research and finding good sources) is the most difficult part, for sure. Let me know if you are in need of help!

Computer Lab N210: The rest of class was devoted to working in the Computer Lab on the assignment, and I was happy to try and answer questions, as well as help as much as I could.

Have a great weekend! Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help you be successful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please enter your comment. I will review the comments before posting them to the blog, so do not worry if yours does not pop up right away. Remember, do your best with spelling and grammar! :-)