Monday, May 16, 2016

Demographics, Day 3 - Class Recap

NOTE: I was at the Metro League tennis tournament for Westview on Friday, so I missed class. Here is the recap of what was supposed to happen.


My brother visited Portland this past weekend! Here I am with my sister and brother with my mom in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, over Winter Break 2014.

Dear class,

There was a fair amount of reviewing data and reading today - thanks for following along. Here's what we did today in class:

Learning Targets: 
Knowledge LT 9: I can explain demographic changes in the world and their effects.
Critical Thinking LT 2: I can explain connections between events, issues, problems and concepts.

AGENDA 5/13/16:
News Brief – Josh (P1), Sim (P5)
The End of Poverty
Group Work
Finish Demographic Packets

Homework: Read the blog! All late/missing/incomplete/revised work is due next Thursday, May 26. This is the last time I will accept any work from the semester before the final. Next news brief: Gavin (P1), Meher (P5).
---
News Brief: Josh (P1) and Sim (P5) had the news brief today. The next news brief was assigned to Gavin (P1) and Meher (P5) before class.

The End of Poverty: This was based on learning more about what life is like in different countries. I asked the class to split up based on how fast students thought they were at reading, and assigned this paper and reading to a group of four:


Here is the reading that goes along with the assignment:


Group Work: We spent a good time in class going through this in groups, and then going over it afterwards. Hold on to these completed assignments, please!

Finish Demographics Work: Your demographics work will be due later this week, so please finish all of the assignments related to it!

Thanks for your focus and work today in class!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please enter your comment. I will review the comments before posting them to the blog, so do not worry if yours does not pop up right away. Remember, do your best with spelling and grammar! :-)