Thursday, November 3, 2016

Culture, Day 10 - Class Recap

I am going to bet that many students wrote that one of the ways culture both reflects and shapes society is through religion. This is a church in Budapest, Hungary, in 2013. I just loved the lighting here! No special effects!

Dear class,

Hooray! You are finally done with the DBQ final essay for the culture unit (if you were able to complete it in class)! I am sure that everyone focused during class and I am excited to start looking into how everyone did. Here's what happened in class with Mr. Smith, who was my sub as I was at a Beaverton School District Equity meeting:

Learning Targets:
Communication LT 1: I can communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Critical Thinking LT 1: I can explain multiple perspectives and viewpoints.
Knowledge LT 15: I can explain how culture both reflects and shapes society.
Behavior LT 1:  I can manage my responsibilities as a student.

Soundtrack: "Get Ready for This" by 2 Unlimited. Intended as a pump up song to write the DBQ essay today in class! Here's a link to the version I would have played in class, from ESPN's "Jock Jams" CD.

AGENDA 11/3/16:
Welcome Mr. Smith
News Brief - Anecia
Write DBQ Essay

Homework: Read the blog. Enjoy your weekend if you are done with everything!

Next news brief: Nate.

News Brief: Anecia had the news brief today and I'm sure did a great job with selecting a story to talk about with the class, as everyone found the location in the world map packet.

Nate was selected to do the next news brief.

If you wanted to watch the one minute BBC World News update, here's the link to see the latest one minute update, at any time of day:


Write Essay: Today was almost entirely devoted to writing the essay portion of the culture DBQ. We began this process last class, with this handout going through the steps to writing a DBQ:


We had about an hour in class to be writing, with finishing up the document analysis, and writing the essay. This was due at the end of class. I hope that it went well for everyone!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please enter your comment. I will review the comments before posting them to the blog, so do not worry if yours does not pop up right away. Remember, do your best with spelling and grammar! :-)