Thursday, April 6, 2017

Historical Investigation, Day 5 - Class Recap


Some students are researching the French Revolution for their Historical Investigation. Here is the French flag waving in Paris, in 2013.

Dear class,

Thank you for your continued hard work on the Historical Investigation. Only about a week left until it is all due! Here's what we did today in class:

Learning Targets: 
Knowledge LT 19: I can explain the impacts of nationalism and revolutionary movements.
Communication LT 1: I can communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Research LT 1: I can effectively conduct and apply research.
Critical Thinking LT 2: I can explain connections between events, issues, problems and concepts.
Behavior LT1: I can manage my responsibilities as a student.

Soundtrack: "Won't Get Fooled Again" by The Who. Selected for today because was recently April Fools Day! I did not try to fool anyone in class. Lyrics here.

AGENDA 4/6/17:
News Brief - Kinjal
Parts C and E
H.I. Questions?
Work Time

Homework: Read the blog! Historical Investigation rough draft due next Wednesday. Keep working on it over the weekend and submit what you have on Google Classroom if you want my feedback and revision suggestions! Next news brief: Hailey.
---
News Brief: Kinjal had the news brief today and selected this article about this story to talk about: NYTimes.com - Worst Chemical Attack in Years in Syria; U.S. Blames Assad. We found Syria in the world map, and talked about the recent history regarding chemical weapons in Syria, as well as the response of the Obama administration and now the Trump administration. Horrific, for sure.

We also checked in about the weekend and what people were up to.

We also watched the one minute BBC World News update. Here's the link to see the latest one minute update, at any time of day (it will probably be different from what we watched in class):

The next news brief was assigned to Hailey.

Parts C and E/HI Questions? During the Russian Revolution unit, I passed out a guide to help with Part E (an OPVL analysis of the sources you used in your Part B research). The last part of your historical investigation is this analysis of your sources. It is page 5 on this document:


I explained that if you are not up to Part C (the conclusion, which is on page 4), you are behind schedule, but there is still time to make it up and I am here to help! Part B (all the research and finding good sources) is the most difficult part, for sure. Let me know if you are in need of help!

Work Time: The rest of class was devoted to working in class on the assignment, and I was happy to try and answer questions, as well as help as much as I could. I was really pleased by how hard everyone seemed to be working - I hope it is all coming together for you!

Have a great weekend! Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help you be successful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please enter your comment. I will review the comments before posting them to the blog, so do not worry if yours does not pop up right away. Remember, do your best with spelling and grammar! :-)