Monday, April 10, 2017

Historical Investigation, Day 6 - Class Recap


Mahatma Gandhi's bed at his home in Delhi, India. Sometimes, simple living can be powerful - Gandhi's message helped prompt a revolution! Photo taken in March of 2015.

Hi everyone,

Today was our last day of in class time working for the Historical Investigation before next class, when the rough draft is due to be peer reviewed! Here's what we did today in class:

Learning Targets: 
Knowledge LT 19: I can explain the impacts of nationalism and revolutionary movements.
Communication LT 1: I can communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Research LT 1: I can effectively conduct and apply research.
Critical Thinking LT 2: I can explain connections between events, issues, problems and concepts.
Behavior LT1: I can manage my responsibilities as a student.

Soundtrack: "This Time is the Last Time" by Mae. Selected for today because it was the last time we worked together as a class before the Historical Investigation rough draft was due! Lyrics here.

AGENDA 4/10/17:
News Brief - Hailey
Rough Draft Expectations
Final Questions?
Work Time

Homework: Read the blog! Your Historical Investigation rough draft is due next class. Next news brief: Leah.
---
News Brief: Hailey had the news brief today, but was not in class, so I filled in and selected this article about this story to talk about: CNN.com - ISIS claims responsibility for Palm Sunday church bombings in Egypt. We found Egypt in our world maps and talked about this tragic story, including the response of the Egyptian government.

The next news brief was assigned to Leah.

We also watched the one minute BBC World News update. Here's the link to see the latest one minute update, at any time of day (it will probably be different from what we watched in class):


Rough Draft Expectations: Here's a copy of how you will be peer reviewing the Historical Investigation next class, which is so important to being able to turn in a good research paper:


Please be sure to bring in your Chromebook (or if you do not have a Chromebook, a printed version of your paper) at the start of class  so that we can peer review and I can have a look at it as well. I will call students up one by one in class so we can look at it together and I can go over any last changes that I am requesting. Make sure that you look to correct spelling and grammar, as well!

Final Questions? Here is the final assignment, again, if you need to look at it:


It seemed like students knew what they were doing at this point and wanted to get to work, so we started up work in class.

Work Time: The rest of class was devoted to working in class on the assignment, and I was happy to try and answer questions, as well as help as much as I could. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do! Almost done! Keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please enter your comment. I will review the comments before posting them to the blog, so do not worry if yours does not pop up right away. Remember, do your best with spelling and grammar! :-)