Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Career Ed Day - Class Recap


With my friend Tyler, my mom, and my brother at the College Football National Championship Game, in Texas, on Monday!

Hi everyone,

It was SO good to be back teaching today! Most of the day was spent in the computer lab with Mr. Saechao, working on your career education requirements. Here's what happened in class today:

Learning Targets:
Knowledge LT 18: I can explain how and why world societies organize themselves and how power is established and maintained.
Critical Thinking and Analysis LT 2: I can explain connections between events, issues, problems and concepts.

Soundtrack: "Love Loss Hope Repeat" by Carbon Leaf. Selected for today because of Oregon losing on Monday. It was a wonderful season, for sure! I was really happy to get to witness so much of it. I look forward to many more years of attending Oregon football games, regardless of the outcome. Lyrics here.

AGENDA 1/14/15:
News Brief – Sari
Computer Lab with Mr. Saechao

Homework: Read the blog. Check your updated grades and know what to do to improve! Next news brief: Emory.

News Brief: Sari selected an article about this story for the news brief today: CNN,com - Al Qaeda branch claims responsibility for Charlie Hebdo attack. We found both France (where the terrorist attacks occurred) and Yemen (where the group claiming responsibility is) on our world maps and talked about the story a bit more.

I also shared my experience in the Dallas area over the past couple of days, by going through a few pictures on my Instagram account.

Emory was selected to do the next news brief.

Computer Lab with Mr. Saechao: The rest of class was up in S220, working on career education requirements that you need in order to graduate. Please complete these and turn them in to Mr. Saechao as soon as possible! Thanks!

Next class, we will start preparing for finals! See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please enter your comment. I will review the comments before posting them to the blog, so do not worry if yours does not pop up right away. Remember, do your best with spelling and grammar! :-)