Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Genocide in Rwanda, Day 8 - Class Recap


I hope everyone had a great Winter Break! I started 2015 by watching Oregon win the Rose Bowl, in Pasadena, California, with my mom and brother!

Welcome back, everyone!

It was really great to see you all today in class. I'm thankful that I have a job that I am so excited to come back to after Winter Break, to see everyone! We checked in today, then finished up Hotel Rwanda. Here's what happened in class today:

Learning Targets:
Knowledge LT 21: I can identify the critical components of imperialism.
Communication LT 2: I can use language and style that is appropriate to the content area.
Critical Thinking and Analysis LT 2: I can explain connections between events, issues, problems and concepts.

Soundtrack: "Welcome Back" by Ma$e. Selected for obvious reasons. Lyrics here.

AGENDA 1/6/15:
News Brief - Mr. Fritz
Winter Break Check In
Finish Hotel Rwanda

Homework: Read the blog. Turn in completed Rwanda speech, if you have not already! Next news brief: Elena.

News Brief: I had the news brief today, and talked about this story: CNN.com - Muddy waters cloud search for AirAsia Flight QZ8501. We found Indonesia (where the flight took off, headed for Singapore) and the tragic accident.

Winter Break Check In: As usual, I started the class off by asking if anyone had done anything fun or interesting over Winter Break. It's okay if you just stayed at home! I just wanted to give the opportunity to share if anyone wanted.

Finish Hotel Rwanda: The rest of class was spent finishing the movie Hotel Rwanda (2004), which we started before break. I normally do not show entire movies in class, but this one is SO good and relevant to the Rwanda unit. Here is the worksheet of questions to answer as we watched:


These questions were due at the end of class, If you are needing it to find the rubrics to turn in with your revised paper, here they are:


It is so good to be back! See you next class! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please enter your comment. I will review the comments before posting them to the blog, so do not worry if yours does not pop up right away. Remember, do your best with spelling and grammar! :-)