Saturday, December 27, 2008

Happy Holiday (Bowl)s!


Me, my brother Maxwell, and my mom at the Ducks season opener this year.

Dear students,

I hope you are enjoying your time off! I certainly am trying to. This is really the first time I've had any sort of real down time since my last spring break! So I have tried to completely take my mind off everything in order to recharge for the next year. In accordance with that, I'm heading off tomorrow (Sunday) to go down to California (Los Angeles/San Diego) with my brother to watch the Ducks play in the Holiday Bowl vs. Oklahoma State on Tuesday night (5PM, ESPN). I will be back in town on the 31st, at which time I will be able to respond much more quickly to any e-mails or comments. I will have my laptop in California, but getting back to you with my usual quickness is unlikely.

However, it's time to start gearing back up for the new year soon! Given how much time you have had, there should be absolutely no excuse for these speeches not to be absolutely amazing. Call your group members. Work on your parts together. We will be doing the speeches on Tuesday, Jan. 6th - the first day you are back in my class. We'll get it out of the way, then watch Hotel Rwanda to wrap up the unit, before moving on to our next topic. Please e-mail me or post comments if you have any questions. I know that many of you are not looking forward to doing these, but especially with the amount of extra time you've been granted, make sure to abide by your class rules by a) Having a good attitude about doing the speeches and b) Taking personal responsibility to get your part done as well as communicating with your group members.

Have a wonderful last few days of 2008! :-)

4 comments:

  1. Wow, the holiday bowl was a great comeback win for the ducks, and I also just witnessed a man ride a dirtbike onto a ten story building, and then jump blindly off of the building. It was incredible. Also, what is our next unit going to be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was quite the transition to the question Zack! I'm actually not sure what we will be doing up until finals, which are in later January. I'll be talking with Mrs. DeFrance to figure it out, but from what I know, we will be continuing to look at genocide - from a current standpoint.

    See you Monday or in class Tuesday! Have that speech ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Fritz,

    Do you know if we are having school on a regular schedule on monday?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brandon,

    I am assuming that we will be having regular, as scheduled, school tomorrow. I have about an inch of snow that has fallen tonight, but I should be able to make it out if nothing else comes later (and apparently it is going to melt tonight). We haven't received anything by e-mail, and I don't think it is likely that we will. Probably time to bundle up and get on with our lives!

    School tomorrow is a "B" Day, so I will not see you until Tuesday for your incredibly prolonged speech assignment. However, please come visit tomorrow if you need any help or just want to say hey - I'm excited to see all of you guys again! Check the blog tomorrow night for an update before class! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please enter your comment. I will review the comments before posting them to the blog, so do not worry if yours does not pop up right away. Remember, do your best with spelling and grammar! :-)